Welcome to the JAMS website located at www.JAMSADR.com (the “Site
”). JAMS (“JAMS
” or “our
”) is committed to respecting the privacy rights of all Site visitors and users (“Users
”), associates, and clients. The Site provides access to event information, membership registration, newsletters, links to other internet resources, and more. We use information that we collect from you to efficiently provide the local JAMS Resolution Centers with demographic and other information to help our organization better serve its clients and the community. By visiting the Site or using any of the Site’s features or online services (collectively, “Services
Information We Collect and Why
JAMS collects the following information from Users. Except as otherwise indicated below, JAMS does not collect personally identifiable information (as defined below) unless you voluntarily provide it to us.
How We Use the Information
- Cookies: “Cookies” are small bits of electronic information that a website sends to a User’s browser for storage on your hard drive, which make your interaction with the Site more efficient by remembering you, so for example you may not have to reenter a User ID on a subsequent visit. Like most websites, we employ the use of "cookies" in certain areas of our Site and with certain Services to allow us to provide information that is targeted to your interests and optimizes your online experience, such as providing information of potential interest to you based on your use of the Services. Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted at the end of your session. Moreover, you always have the right to decline our cookies by setting your web browser to reject cookies, although this may adversely affect the usability of the Site.
- Tracked Information: Our servers automatically track certain information about you as you use our Site, some of which may constitute PII. This information may include the URL that you just came from, which URL you go to next, what browser you are using, which webpages and Services you use, how long you spend on particular webpages, and your IP address. Our Site logs do track and collect aggregate and sometimes anonymized Site usage data, such as the number of pageviews and sessions on our Site (“Usage Data”). This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff to provide better services to the public and may also be provided to third parties, but the statistics are aggregate and contain no individual PII.
We may use PII that you provide to us to personalize your profile information in connection with your use of Services such as case management, or to maintain, customize and add new resources and services, and to allow communication and interaction between you and JAMS, and between JAMS, parties, Neutrals and JAMS operating personnel. In addition, we will share the personal information we collect from you under the following circumstances:
Control of Your Information; Opt-Out
- Protection of rights. We will share PII if we have a good faith belief that (i) access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities, (ii) such action is appropriate to enforce the Terms of Service for the Site, including any investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) such action is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues associated with the Services, or (iv) such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of JAMS, its employees, Neutrals, users of the Services or others.
- Asset transfers. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of JAMS’s assets or equity, User information, including PII collected from you through your use of the Site and its Services, could be included in the transferred assets. Users of the Site will be notified via a prominent notice on the Site prior to a change of ownership or control that would involve a transfer of User information held by us, subject to applicable law.
- Marketing purposes. We will occasionally use your PII for our own marketing purposes, subject to applicable law, and subject to your clearly indicated right to opt-out of receiving any such communications from us. We may send you emails, newsletters, articles of potential interest, announcements involving our Neutrals, and notice about bar association and legal events that may be of interest to our Users.
- Usage Data. We may share Usage Data and other aggregated information that show patterns, trends, preferences, and other collective characteristics of our Users with third parties. Disclosure of this information helps us and our marketing partners evaluate and tailor our communications, advertisements, services and general business practices to the needs of our Users.
You may request that we update, correct or delete any of the PII or other information we have collected from you, or you may opt out of receiving JAMS emails and other communications such as newsletters, by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. We may choose not to fulfill any request that we determine is unreasonable, illegal or that constitutes a threat to the privacy or rights of others, but our intention is to comply with opt-out requests, and other requests that correct or update your PII, as fully as possible.
Any PII that you provide to us is stored on servers, which are located in secure third-party data centers with restricted access, and protected by protocols, procedures and best practices designed to ensure the security of such information. In addition, we restrict access to PII to JAMS employees, independent contractors and agents who need to know this information in order to develop, operate and maintain the Services, and are subject to confidentiality obligations. However, no server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect User information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or through the use of the Site or any of the Services. In the event that we believe that there has been a security breach involving your PII, we would endeavor to notify you promptly in accordance with applicable law. In the event such notification is appropriate under the circumstances, we would first try to notify you at the latest email address we have for you on record, subject to legal requirements.
The Site is a general audience website not intended for any person under 18 years old. We do not knowingly collect PII from any person under the age of 13.
Notification of Changes
Questions? Contact Us
or you can contact us by postal mail at:
18881 Von Karman Ave.
Irvine, CA 92612
Attn: Online Services
Terms of Service
Please also read the Terms of Service
governing use of the Site and the Services.