Nancy J. Warren, Esq.
, a JAMS panelist since 1998 and a JAMS shareholder since 1999, has arbitrated and mediated hundreds of cases involving real estate, banking, employment, business, and financial markets throughout California and nationwide. She receives high marks from both plaintiff and defense counsel for her competence, perseverance, understanding of complex legal issues, and ability to close deals.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- Real Estate: Ms. Warren holds a California Real Estate Broker’s license and is experienced in arbitrating and mediating all types of commercial and residential real estate disputes. Examples include commercial leasehold/option to purchase matters; commercial and residential sales transactions (experienced with C.A.R forms); municipality/developer/public works issues; broker, seller, buyer disputes involving fraud and failure to disclose; residential construction defect claims; HOA disputes; escrow deposit; shopping center leases; mobile home park leases/HOA; appraisal issues for both commercial and residential properties; boundary disputes; title insurance; mold injuries; zoning disputes; and foreclosure issues.
- Banking/Financial Markets: More than 18 years of litigation experience handling banking and financial market disputes. As an ADR professional, she has successfully mediated and arbitrated many complex financial claims. Her expertise and experience include foreclosure (commercial and residential); purchase and sale of loans on the secondary market; guarantor liability; lender liability; lender/title insurer disputes; commercial code cases including negotiable instruments and Article 9 security interests; broker/dealer disputes with customers and employees; bank operational issues; mortgage broker issues; automobile dealer financing disputes; and bank/employee disputes.
- Employment: Expertise in mediation and arbitration of hundreds of employment cases, including wage and hour class actions, claims for discrimination—including age, sex, race, national origin, pregnancy and disability—sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, whistleblower, single plaintiff wage and hour, trade secrets, and noncompete agreements. Ms. Warren was lead adjudicator on national class action brought by National Treasury Employee Union against the government for wages due to special-rate employees.
- Estate/Probate: Ms. Warren has handled a number of probate matters during her 15 year tenure at JAMS. Her representative matters include probate mediation involving breach of contract, trust dispute settlement between beneficiary and trustee regarding distributions to beneficiary and fees paid to trustee, and mediation of cases involving disputes between beneficiaries under a will.
- Business/Commercial: Ms. Warren is frequently chosen as an arbitrator or mediator in disputes involving both straightforward and complex business disputes including business defamation, oil and gas leases, partnership agreements, attorney/client fee disputes, and general contract matters.
- Arbitration: Ms. Warren, a fellow of the College of Commercial Arbitrators, has a substantial arbitration practice in all of her specialty areas. See separate Arbitration biography.
- Judicial Reference/Special Master/Temporary Judge: Ms. Warren serves as a Temporary Judge, judicial referee and special master. She rules on discovery disputes and motions, and manages complex litigation. Ms. Warren has a technology background and is available to handle e-discovery disputes.