Alexander S. Polsky, FCIArb/HKIArb is considered a pioneer in the field of alternative dispute resolution. An AV-rated trial lawyer who began practicing in 1977, Mr. Polsky left litigation in 1991 and refocused his practice solely on ADR at a time when few attorney specialists were working in the field. Mr. Polsky’s practice spans disciplines and countries, as he conducts mediations, arbitrations, reference trials and training programs worldwide. He has presided over the resolution of more than 10,000 disputes and is well known for his ability to calm highly emotional parties and to simplify complex disputes.
Mr. Polsky has received nearly every independent award for excellence in the field of ADR. He has been recognized year after year as a top arbitrator and mediator by the Los Angeles Daily Journal, Super Lawyers and ALM Best Lawyers. Martindale Hubbell has given him an AV rating and he is among Lawdragon’s top 1,000 Lawyers in America. Mr. Polsky teaches negotiation and mediation at USC’s Gould School of Law. He also provides negotiation training to law firms, bar associations and corporations worldwide.
Mr. Polsky has a deep understanding of securities-related issues, as well as insurance coverage issues as they apply to complex class action matters.
Please click here to view what counsel have to say about Mr. Polsky.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- Has participated in the resolution of over 4,000 disputes nationwide
- Multi-disciplinary ADR practice includes:
- Appellate dispute resolution
- Construction defect, accident, and E&O
- Environmental exposure and remediation
- Franchise disputes and class actions
- Government liability/code enforcement
- High value domestic relations and child custody
- Insurance coverage, E&O, and bad faith
- International arbitration
- Labor/employment: management disputes, fact-finding, sexual harassment
- Land use/condemnation
- Medical negligence & devices (neutral & party arbitrator)
- Product liability
- Real estate-transactional and E&O (licensed real estate broker)
- Serious injury and wrongful death
- Complex case management experience includes serving as a discovery referee in complex litigation. Mr. Polsky designs and implements discovery plans with the goal of cost efficient analysis and early resolution.