Hon. Nat A. Agliano (Ret.) brings very significant experience and credentials to the arbitration process. As a Justice of the California Court of Appeal, Trial Court Judge, and Arbitrator he has decided many significant, complex, and difficult matters, applying his broad legal knowledge and providing well reasoned and clearly written decisions and awards.
In his fourteen years with JAMS and in the resolution of over a thousand matters, Justice Agliano has developed an extensive knowledge of arbitration rules and procedures, providing the parties with efficient case management as well as carefully reasoned decisions. In addition, Justice Agliano’s patient and thoughtful demeanor gives parties both ease within the process and confidence in his judgment.
- Agricultural disputes including: dissolution of agricultural entities, valuation and allocation of assets, accountings; breach of crop growing agreements, damages; partition of agricultural lands; determination of reasonable rents for farmlands
- Construction contract disputes, commercial and residential
- Assessing construction defects, costs of repair, delay damages
- Healthcare: determining rights under inter-hospital agreement for patient care services; contract disputes among health care plans, providers of health care, and health plan members
- Purchases and sales of businesses, professional practices; disputes regarding architectural and design services
- Communications business disputes including: interconnection agreement between major telephone service providers; radio broadcasting dispute; radio station operation agreement; mobile phone distributorships, educational television contract
- Water rights, use and damage claims
- Public Entity/Waste Disposal contract dispute
- Electronic and Manufacturing contracts disputes
- Corporations and Partnerships
- Disputes involving shareholders rights; partnership disputes; corporate and partnership dissolution; valuation of assets and accountings
- Cause for termination of employment; hostile work environment; age discrimination; gender discrimination; damages for unlawful termination
- Coverage disputes; insurer’s duty to defend; insurer’s duty to indemnify; insured’s duty to reimburse insurer; calculation of loss
- Professional Malpractice—Legal, Medical, etc.
- Determining the standard of care; causation of harm; damages; statutes of limitations
- Real Estate:
- Rights and duties of sellers, purchasers, brokers and agents, including: disputes regarding commissions; misrepresentation and non-disclosure; financing; valuation of real property; contractual and equitable remedies—rescission, specific performance, and damages
- Partition of property including ranches, agricultural lands and allocation of water and resources
- Landlord/tenant disputes including: lease interpretations; limitations on use of leased commercial property
- Determining fair rents in mobile home park under rent control; homeowners’ association disputes