Hon. Rosemarie Annunziata (Ret.) brings to JAMS over 35 years of distinguished service from the trial and appellate bench as well as the private practice of law as a civil law litigator. Her health care practice includes disputes involving medical malpractice and wrongful death claims against individual health care providers and institutions in a variety of medical specialties, including neurology, obstetrics, gastroenterology, neonatology, as well as claims based on the denial of insurance coverage, violations of physician recruiting and licensing agreements, and claims based on discrimination.
The Judge's reputation for integrity, fairness, judgment, and common sense is well-known. She works collaboratively with the parties and counsel in mediation to facilitate settlement and shares evaluative observations as the dispute requires. In arbitration, Judge Annunziata provides timely case management of the case’s procedural and substantive issues, including resolution of arbitrabiity questions, discovery disputes, and pre-hearing motions. Her written awards reflect careful legal analysis and clear, reasoned decisions.
- Mediated wrongful death claim based on failure to exercise reasonable care in performing colonoscopy in patient suffering a complicating unrelated health issue
- Mediated wrongful death claim involving the proper diagnosis and treatment by nurses and physician treatment in the care of a new born diagnosed with jaundice
- Mediated breach of insurance contract to pay workers compensation claims and waiver of certain defenses under the contract
- Mediated multiple automobile liability cases
- Arbitrated the distribution of a stipulated fund to compensate multiple victims of automobile accident
- Arbitrated the distribution of settlement award in asbestos cases
- Selected as arbitrator in hospitals’ alleged breach of health care recruiting contract for physician services to be provided to hospital and physician’s claims of discrimination based on national origin
- Selected as arbitrator in dispute involving carrier’s alleged denial of disability insurance coverage for claims filed by medical care provider
- Selected as arbitrator in dispute involving carrier’s denial of health insurance coverage under insurance agreement with medical care provider