Hon. Rosemarie Annunziata (Ret.) brings to JAMS over 35 years of distinguished service from the trial and appellate bench as well as the private practice of law as a civil law litigator. Her experience encompasses virtually every substantive area of the law as well as the settlement dynamics that necessarily come into play prior to trial. At JAMS, the Judge frequently deals with disputes involving commercial and residential property transactions; including sales agent liability; land use and zoning issues; environmental-related claims; real property sales contracts; commercial lease disputes; homeowner association’s regulation of property rights, including the application of homeowner association’s covenants; and conditions and restrictions.
Judge Annunziata's reputation for integrity, fairness, judgment, and common sense is well-known. She works collaboratively with the parties and counsel in mediation to facilitate settlement and shares evaluative observations as the dispute requires. In arbitration, Judge Annunziata provides timely case management of the case’s procedural and substantive issues, including resolution of arbitrabiity questions, discovery disputes, and pre-hearing motions. Her written awards reflect careful legal analysis and clear, reasoned decisions.
- Disputes involving commercial and residential property transactions, including sales agent liability, land use and zoning issues, environmental-related claims, real property sales contracts, commercial lease disputes, homeowner association’s regulation of property rights, including the application of homeowner association’s covenants, conditions and restrictions
- Arbitrated breach of a commercial land development agreement, including claims for rescission, fraud, and breach of implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing
- Member of 3-member arbitral panel arbitrating claim for release of purchaser’s deposit, including the unpaid portion of the deposit, based on purchaser’s failure to timely close on the property
- Arbitrated complex property development and management dispute in involving land use and zoning issues, breach of contract and fiduciary duty claims, and claim for lost profits after construction contract terminated
- Arbitrated franchise agreement dispute in the telecommunication industry involving breach of contract, fraud and fraudulent inducement issues
- Arbitrated the application of home owner’s association bylaws in dispute involving refusal to permit the implementation of homeowner’s building plans
- Mediated claim against insurance carrier for losses incurred as a result for fire damage to residence
- Selected as arbitrator in breach of teaming agreement involving waste disposal industry
- Selected as arbitrator in dispute between national mortgage company and property owner regarding failure to properly administer the payoff of home mortgage loan