Judge Biafore joined JAMS following nearly four decades of distinguished service with the Santa Clara County trial courts and as a trial attorney in private practice. He is accomplished at effectively handling a wide variety of cases and highly respected for his fairness and ability to focus on the important issues in a case. He has presided over complex civil cases involving commercial, personal injury, medical, legal and professional malpractice, employment discrimination, construction, and real estate matters. As a member of the JAMS special panel of highly experienced arbitrators, Judge Biafore is committed to providing impartial decisions in all cases.
As a trial judge, arbitrator and/or mediator, Judge Biafore has resolved matters including representative matters.
- Business/Commercial: Contracts; dissolutions and sales of business
- Construction: Commercial, residential; construction defects; costs of repair
- Employment: Wrongful termination; gender/age/racial discrimination; harassment
- Family Law: Dissolution of marriage; determination of validity of prenuptial agreement; issues relative to spousal and child support, division of property, and attorney’s fees
- Intellectual Property: Misappropriation of trade secrets; unfair competition
- Personal Injury: Wrongful death claims; issues of liability; uninsured and underinsured motorist claims; premises liability
- Professional Liability: Medical, legal, and professional malpractice claims
- Real Estate: Contracts and disclosure issues; landlord/tenant disputes