M. Wayne Blair, Esq.
has served as an arbitrator or mediator in numerous defect cases. These matters have included disputes between owners and general contractors, owners and architects, multi-family housing, condominiums, single-family residences, and alarm systems. Issues have included interpretation of construction or design contracts, construction defects, delay, cost overruns, and change in conditions.
- Construction dispute between owner of multi-residential community and contractor of building, regarding the need to provide fire/safety alarm services
- Dispute between developer of condominium and general contractor over claims of construction defects and delay
- Dispute between homeowner and contractor over proper method of determining construction cost in a cost-plus contract
- Many cases involving disputes between homeowners and general contractors over defective construction of private residences and delay claims
- Dispute between a condo unit owner and the Association regarding construction damage
- Residential construction defect case with claims of water damage, complicated by insurance coverage issues