Hon. Edward A. Bobrick (Ret.), a highly experienced and well regarded trial judge, has over the course of fourteen years as a Magistrate Judge in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, and later as a Court-appointed Special Master, handled all aspects of intellectual property cases, from discovery supervision through disposition, involving patent, trade secret, copyright, trademark and trade name/ trade dress matters.
In addition he has mediated through to settlement numerous and varied intellectual property cases.
- Patents: As a federal judge and Special Master, he has adjudicated a wide range of patent infringement issues, including Markman hearings.
- UT Starcom Inc. v. Starent Networks, Corp. 2009 WL 3122554 (Internet communication equipment and services)
- BorgWarner, Inc. v. New Venture Gear, Inc., 237 F. Supp. 2d 919 (N.D. Ill. 2002) (electronically controlled transmission transfer case)
- Trade Secrets: Both as a federal judge and Special Master he has handled, from discovery to judgment, numerous cases dealing with trade secret and claims of misappropriation.
- UT Starcom v. Starent Networks Corp. 675 F. Supp 854 (N.D Ill. 2009)
- Web Communication Group Inc. v. Gateway 2000 FRD 108 (ND Ill. 1995)
- UT Starcom v. Starent Networks Corp. 2009 WL 490857
- Copyright: Mediated and presided over copyright disputes involving a wide array of businesses
- Syscom Inc. v. Vehicle Valuation Services 274 F. Supp 2d .975 (N.D Ill 2003)
- Trade Name/ Trade Dress/Trademark: While in the District Court these types of cases were regularly on his docket or before him for mediation.
- Bixby’s Food System v. Jan and Phillip McKay 985 F. Supp. 802 (N.D. Ill 1997)