Judge Bond has earned a reputation for successfully handling complex, multi-party construction defect contract delay claims and real estate development and homeowner association disputes as a mediator, arbitrator, and discovery referee/special master.
- Disputes with public regulatory agencies and developers involving compliance with state and federal regulations and penalties
- Homeowner Associations’ disputes with respect to services, nuisances, construction of new facilities (at a ski resort), interpretation of CC&Rs, and disputes with suppliers (roof, snow removal, and water intrusion)
- Housing development litigation involving 63 homes with significant structural problems and code violations involving over fifteen separate trades resulting in a global settlement
- Numerous cases between individual homeowners; Homeowners Associations, general contractors, and subcontractors involving issues relating to grading, foundations, structural, mold infestation, HVAC, roofing, stucco, plumbing, electrical defects, and water damage
- Numerous matters both residential and commercial involving construction delay and contract interpretation, penalties, bonus provisions, bonding issues, and disputes over change orders
- Chair of three arbitrator panel involving remodel of a commercial center with numerous areas of dispute re construction costs, change orders, and modifications
- Sole arbitrator in a commercial property with severe sewer and septic system problems as a result of installation by prior owner
Special Master/Discovery Referee, Representative Matters
- Discovery Referee in litigation involving a major commercial apartment complex with alleged multi-construction defects and improper construction practices with numerous and ongoing discovery disputes including monitoring depositions and extensive discovery motions and disputes. Thereafter, by stipulation of all counsel and parties, successfully mediated case resulting in settlement of all disputes among all the parties.