As a full time professional neutral since 1992, Viggo Boserup, Esq. has handled matters in all aspects of probate, trusts, and estates administration including income, estate, and gift tax issues. Mr. Boserup is adept at identifying and addressing delicate familial issues and dynamics closely related to probate disputes.
Mr. Boserup is an accomplished mediator who is widely respected by counsel for his impartiality in treating all parties fairly and his ability to quickly identify critical issues.
His exceptional listening skills and sensitivity toward each party make him particularly well suited for resolving emotionally charged, complex cases. These qualities are essential for matters involving the care and handling of the persons and assets of loved ones. Known for his fortitude in obtaining a productive result and going the extra mile, Mr. Boserup follows up with parties to effect a settlement, long after the mediation session is over.
- AB Trust beneficiary and trustee dispute involving accounting and removal for conflict of interest
- Action among siblings for distribution of income from mother’s conservatorship
- Action for constructive trust on property where title not transferred to partner
- Claim alleging undue influence
- Claim for attorney fees due trustee counsel and trustee
- Conflict of interest matter regarding attorney representation of multiple trust beneficiaries
- Conflict of interest mediation between trustee and trust beneficiary for accounting and trustee removal
- Dispute involving undue influence allegations and breach of contract
- Dispute regarding trustee failure to diversify real estate investments during economic slump
- Division of personal injury proceeds among survivors and estates
- Matter involving claim against caregiver for return of property and instructions
- Mediated agreement among beneficiaries regarding restructure of generation-skipping trusts while avoiding loss of generation-skipping tax benefits
- Mediation of claim to set aside trust transfers related to estate and gift tax consequences of post-death settlements due to lack of capacity and undue influence
- Mediation regarding death benefits payments in association with allegations of material misrepresentation in the application and/or lack of insurable interest.
- Multiple will contests
- Oral contract to make a will
- Probate mediation regarding disposition of decedent’s real property
- Reimbursement claim by trustee regarding premature distribution
- Resolution of dispute involving undue influence and forged changes to will duplicate
- Restructuring of principal of trusts to settle claims among beneficiaries
- Sale of estate assets to resolve claims against fiduciary
- Will contest between niece and sons of decedent