Mr. Butterworth has over 40 years of experience as a lawyer and 18 years of experience as an arbitrator, mediator, and special master.
- Claim by commercial property owners to compel building contractor to make necessary corrections and repairs to completed apartment complex
- Conflict between investors and promoter dealing with overseas investment
- Difficult family dispute over the use of a long-standing family farm to resolve certain individual family members' personal debts
- Dispute as to whether claimant was a partner or employee
- Dispute between homeowners and contractor employed to remodel an older home into a "dream house," specifically involving change orders and weather delays
- Dispute between parties concerning a contract to purchase a restaurant; primary issues concerned misrepresentation of assets included and sales volume by seller
- Dispute related to dissolution of a partnership dealing in time-share vacation properties
- Problem that resulted when a condo unit purchaser immediately developed a debilitating allergic reaction when she moved into the unit
- Property owners dispute with municipality concerning the meaning of an agreement to provide and maintain underground utilities.
- Series of legal malpractice disputes involving a multitude of issues
- Case involving a real estate agent's obligation and commitment to the real estate broker
- Dispute between two major international companies on the meaning of contractual language relating to product development and purchase of sales rights
- Dispute involving individual companies, counties, and municipalities attempting to resolve clean up of long-standing toxic waste