Hon. William Cahill (Ret.) has been a full time neutral for ten years and is well known for his preparation, adaptability, fairness and neutrality. He has an exceptional ability to relate to all participants in a case. Clients laud him for his ability to quickly grasp complex facts prior to the commencement of proceedings and for his creative settlement ideas that lead to closure.
Judge Cahill has handled Intellectual Property disputes related to patent, copyright and trademark infringement, as well as theft of trade secrets. These disputes have involved intellectual property of all sorts—including hardware and software technology, biotechnology and life sciences, medical devices, eCommerce and internet technology, and computer codes.
- Successfully mediated large copyright dispute related to downloading music from the internet
- Handled mediation of large patent infringement dispute between two large biotech companies over patents on blood-glucose testing devices used by diabetes patients
- Handled mediation of patent infringement case involving technology related to the technology that lights laptop screens
- Arbitrated patent infringement dispute related to hormone enhancement drugs for women
- Mediated a patent infringement dispute over patents on ingredients used to make tires in Korea
- Handled mediation of a patent infringement dispute related to eCommerce technology, including allegations of theft of trade secrets connected with programming codes
- Mediated multiple theft of trade secret cases involving proprietary customer lists
- Mediated trade secrets dispute in which a company owner allegedly stole the concept of the company from a former friend
- Mediated multiple theft of trade secret matters arising from executive termination
- Mediated copyright dispute between global online social gaming company and Brazilian gaming company