Hon. Jonathan H. Cannon (Ret.) is highly regarded among counsel for his ability to resolve business-related disputes. Having spent two decades on the bench, following 14 years as a litigator in private practice, he is able to quickly drill down on key legal issues that, when resolved, can lead to resolution of the entire case. Judge Cannon is also known for being a fair and impartial arbitrator who is especially adept at handling even the most complex matters.
Judge Cannon, a former accountant and mayor, has unique expertise in dealing with financial and public agency issues that can arise in business and commercial matters.
- Accounting mediation, which included fraud claim, involving case filed against packaging company
- Arbitration involving accounting of sums charged for design work performed at residence
- Arbitrator on breach of settlement agreement claims between two construction material companies
- Breach of contract dispute involving insurance carrier
- Breach of oral contract dispute involving nutritional supplement packaging and distribution company
- Breach of warranty mediation involving sewer drain defect
- Collection arbitration arising out of breach of billing service agreement for medical practice
- Contract dispute mediation between investors
- Dispute alleging unfair business practices at fast food restaurant
- Extensive experience arbitrating legal fee collection matters
- Mediated 20 related breach of contract disputes involving major retailer
- Mediation involving breach of contract and negligence claims over defendants’ construction and sale of residence
- Mediator for breach of contract dispute between livestock company and beef supplier
- Mediator on collection dispute between engineering company and architectural firm over construction of school. Matter included cross-complaint for engineering malpractice.
- Presided as arbitrator over dispute involving claims for violations of California’s unfair competition and Finance Lenders laws
- Resolved breach of contract and negligence claims arising out of family trust
- Shareholder dispute mediation involving details of new operating agreement and compensation