Hon. Jonathan H. Cannon (Ret.) is highly regarded among both plaintiff and defense counsel as a knowledgeable and perceptive jurist who quickly gets to the factual and legal issues involved in construction defect disputes. He is recognized for his talent at assessing cases, drawing issues together promptly, sizing up quickly the real needs and desires of the parties, and effecting equitable resolutions.
Prior to his 20 years of judicial service on the Orange County trial courts, Judge Cannon was in private practice as a trial attorney for 14 years. As an attorney, he gained a balanced perspective from initially defending insurance companies and, later, representing plaintiffs in lawsuits against insurance companies.
Judge Cannon's background and experience make him an ideal choice for settling even the most complex construction defect matters.
- Extensive experience mediating construction defect disputes involving hotels, office buildings, and other commercial real estate properties
- Mediated construction defect cases involving many individual homes in several different housing tracts
- Mediated dispute involving subcontractors and grout injections to stabilize foundations
- Settled numerous matters between contractors, subcontractors, developers, and purchasers involving many different construction defects and delay claims including roofing defects, plastering defects, soil substance issues, grading, and mold in single-family and condominium projects
- Successfully mediated many construction defect disputes involving contractors and multi-subcontractors on custom private homes, including one that was 30,000 square feet