Hon. Jonathan H. Cannon (Ret.) was on the bench for 20 years. He was a member of the Orange County Family Law trial judge panel for over eight years and the Supervising Judge of that panel for four years.
Judge Cannon taught and lectured extensively in all areas of family law to a wide variety of groups including the CEB (Continuing Education of the Bar), Rutter Group, and the California Judges Association. He created and participated in a unique “pod” program wherein cases were assigned to a single judge for all purposes. Two other judicial officers were assigned to the single judge for purposes of settlement and/or trial for either long cause or short cause cases. The system resulted in the resolution of hundreds of family law cases.
Since July 18, 2007, Judge Cannon has been a member of the JAMS organization and has participated in the resolution of a variety of family law cases.
- Accounting, interpretation, and enforceability of pre-nuptial and marital settlement agreements, pensions, and QDRO’s
- Determination of Date of Separation
- Determination of spousal support, child support, and attorney’s fees
- Division of real and personal property including resolving issues of valuation, terms of selling the family home, and disbursement of proceeds
- Identification and allocation of community property and community debt
- Identification of separate property and reimbursement of separate property interests in the marital property
- Issues involving income and valuation of professional practices, including medical, legal and accounting practices
- Issues involving public access to family law court file
- Matters involving the extensive use of expert testimony on issues of custody, property valuation (real and personal), accounting, and appraisals of businesses owned by a marital partner
- Value of spouse’s use of community property