F. Carlton King, Jr., Esq. is an experienced mediator and arbitrator who has handled cases in many substantive areas of practice. His 45 years as an active trial lawyer -- representing individuals and multinational corporations, plaintiffs and defendants, in both federal and state courts in many states -- provide him with insight into the wide array of legal and practical issues that usually impact settlement.
As a trial lawyer he has represented both employers and employees, trying numerous cases to juries involving age, race and gender discrimination, disability benefit disputes and sexual harassment.
- Arbitrated a FSLA overtime collective action
- Arbitrated a breach of a contract claim where a CEO disputed a discharge for cause
- Mediated numerous sexual harassment claims
- Mediated a race and national origin discrimination claim against a city
- Mediated a case where a school superintendent was dismissed by a local school board
- Mediated a race discrimination claim against a senior manager of a major retail chain
- Mediated several claims for unpaid commissions and stock options
- Mediated numerous claims involving denial of disability benefits
- Mediated several cases where insurance carriers have been involved and participated in the mediation