Judge Chrisman has successfully resolved many family disputes as a mediator and arbitrator. His experience in the legal profession is both extensive and varied with 13 years of experience as a judge in the family, probate, and district courts of Dallas County and 25 years as a practicing attorney with major law firms in the Dallas area.
He has served as a Judge in District Court, Probate Court, Domestic Relations Court, and Family District Court. He assisted in the revision of the Family Code and played a key role in its implementation in the Judicial System of the State of Texas. Judge Chrisman also participated in beginning the Master’s program in the Dallas Family Courts to hear temporary restraining order and conservatorship matters for the Courts. A founding member and chair of the Dallas Dispute Mediation Service, he served on committees to set up dispute resolution programs for the Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of Texas. Judge Chrisman served as chair of the Legislature Oversight Committee for the Lieutenant Governor and Speaker of the House of the State of Texas to revise the Mental Health Code of the State of Texas and help institute reforms in the family and probate courts to assist the courts in property and family law disputes.
Judge Chrisman’s interest in family matters is demonstrated by his public service. He has served as President of Dallas Mental Health Association and President of the Mental Health Association of Texas. Judge Chrisman was chair of the Dallas County Juvenile Board and a former treasurer of the United Way of Metropolitan Dallas.
- Dispute between sisters in regard to mother’s health food store operation. Mother was non compos mentis and dispute over guardianship and management of valuable business and properties
- Division of community and separate property and sale of a family owned business. Case involved minor children; dispute over education and care of children, sale of real estate, and business interests of over $60 million.
- Division of community property interest in international cosmetic firm. Legal issues included valuation of closely held family corporation, multi-state real estate, and assets valued in excess of $100 million
- Family dispute involving removal of guardian, appointment of guardian, multiple trusts, two bank trust departments, and health care providers in a $100 million estate
- Mediation of delicate pre-marital agreement involving multiple tax and estate planning interests in multiple trusts
- Post divorce dispute between doctor and her ex-husband in regard to moving minor child out of state; doctor had lucrative offer to practice her medical specialty after completing her residency
- Professional athlete's domestic dispute with wife regarding division of property; issues included date of marriage, alimony payments, and division of property interest
- Property dispute involving community and separate property interests in farm and ranch lands in Texas and out of state, which involved tracing and re-imbursement issues of over $20 million in assets.