Hon. Candace Cooper (Ret.) has nearly three decades of judicial experience and has earned a reputation as a highly accomplished judge with a common sense approach to resolving disputes. She brings an ideal temperament and a wealth of legal expertise in handling intellectual property law cases and other complex civil matters.
Justice Cooper served for nine years on the California Court of Appeal, Second District, most recently as Presiding Justice of Division Eight from 2001-2008, and as a Superior and Municipal Court judge prior to that. Justice Cooper has also served on the Los Angeles Superior Court for 12 years, handling a variety of assignments, ranging from court management, civil master calendar, civil trials, to felony criminal and death penalty trials to juvenile dependency and delinquency.
- Unauthorized commercial appropriation of name, photo or likeness
- Right of publicity/ right of privacy
- Calculation of damages in right of publicity case.
- “Single publication” rule
- Copyright Act
- Accrual of cause of action
- Uniform Trade Secrets Act
- Misappropriation of trade secrets
- Protective orders/preservation of trade secrets
- Misappropriation of patents/trademarks
- Agreement to disclose abstract idea
- Solicited vs. unsolicited
- Implied contract
- Good will
- Sale of business opportunity