Hon. Marina Corodemus (Ret.) is a highly experienced professional in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and a sought after special master by Federal and State Courts involving class actions, mass torts, environmental contamination, natural resource damages, products liability, consumer fraud and serious aggregate litigation. She brings over 10 years’ experience on the bench as New Jersey’s sole Mass Tort Judge.
Judge Corodemus most recently served as Special Master for dePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., ASR Hip Implant Products, MDL 2197 to oversee the appeals and fee disputes associated with the $2.7 billion settlement, and has also served as Special Master for American Medical Systems, Inc. Pelvic Repair Systems Product Liability Litigation, MDL 2325 and Vioxx: Products Liability Litigation, MDL 1657.
Widely respected in her field for her diligence, integrity and fair play, she was voted ‘Best Individual Mediator 2015’ in the National Law Journal and served as President of the Academy of Court Appointed Special Masters from 2014-2015.
Judge Corodemus has lectured throughout the country. She is a member of the ALI Aggregate Litigation Advisor Committee, is a Board and Executive Board Member of the Sedona Conference and served as an adjunct Professor at Rutgers Law School in Newark, New Jersey. She was recently awarded the Chief Justice Robert N. Wilentz Lifetime Achievement Award.
Judge Corodemus will be based out of the JAMS New York Resolution center. She will also maintain her ADR practice at Corodemus & Corodemus LLC, located at APA Hotel at MetroPark, in Islen, NJ.
As an independent ADR professional and special master for 13 years, select examples of Judge Corodemus’ special master experience includes:
- Federal District Court of New Jersey: Ephedra Bankruptcy Cases
- Federal MDL VIOXX: Special Master
- Hudson County Chromium Cases
- Special Master Appointments in the State Courts including: New Jersey, California, Florida and New York
- Special Master for Transvaginal Mesh MDL, Southern District of West Virginia
As a Mass Tort Judge, Judge Corodemus presided over:
- Pharmaceutical Cases: Fen-phen Diet Drug; PPA; Rezulin; Latex Gloves; Propulsid
- Products Liability Cases:
- DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc. ASR HIP Implant Products
- American Medical Systems, Inc., Pelvic Repair Systems product liability litigation
- Talalia v. Cooper Tire (National Class Action)
- Perez v. Wyeth Laboratories Birth Control Cases
- Tobacco Cases:
- Mehlman v. Phillip Morris and RJR et als.
- Environmental Contamination Cases:
- Durham Woods Pipe Line Explosion
- Toms River Ciba Geigy Cancer Cluster Cases
- In RE Lead Paint Cases Asbestos