Hon. Morton Denlow (Ret.) joined JAMS following 16 1/2 years of distinguished service as a Magistrate Judge for the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. During his time on the bench, Judge Denlow presided over thousands of matters in both the pretrial and trial stages. He has conducted over 2,000 settlement conferences.
A nationally recognized expert in settling cases, Judge Denlow has continued to prove invaluable to parties involved in intractable disputes at JAMS. His breath of experience as an advocate, attorney neutral, and a settlement-focused judge makes him an ideal choice to mediate the complex case.
Judge Denlow settled a number of patent, trademark and copyright cases during his tenure as a Federal Magistrate Judge. Since coming to JAMS in October 2012, Judge Denlow has mediated IP disputes in a variety of contexts:
- Settled lawsuit alleging copyright infringement of software pending in USDC WDWIS
- Settled suit against multiple defendants alleging copyright infringement in connection with educational texts
- Settled ten suits for copyright infringement of architectural design and related insurance coverage issues pending in Wisconsin, Iowa and Illinois
- Settled false advertising claim pending in arbitration regarding the alleged misrepresentations of prescription drug plans
- Settled suit involving claim for trademark violation and breach of restrictive covenant
- Settled suit for trademark infringement and unfair competition in the meeting management and event marketing industry
- Settled a patent suit involving automated trading of derivatives
- Settled two patent infringement suits between parties relating to popcorn makers
- Settled a patent suit involving on-line focus groups
- Settled pre-suit patent dispute involving respiratory devices
- Settled suit for patent infringement relating to spine surgery table
- Settled two suits involving claim for breach of patent license