Hon. Robert Faulkner (Ret.)
, retired Magistrate Judge for the Eastern District of Texas, brings to JAMS over 35 years of distinguished service from the federal judiciary and private law practice. Judge Faulkner’s reputation and ADR success have catapulted him into a national ADR practice. In additional to his very active practice in Dallas, he settled multiple patent cases involving large international companies in the Detroit area, as well as a copyright case in Los Angeles. The Judge has been successful in conducting cases in Chicago, Houston, Little Rock, and Silicon Valley. He has also worked with the parties to bring settlements in large oil and gas cases. Judge Faulkner has settled several major personal injury cases involving the death of the victim(s) with total recoveries of over $20,000,000, and major personal injury cases in Dallas. Several clients have pointed out that the Judge never gives up on a case until it has settled.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- Judge Faulkner has conducted over 500 trials, settlement conferences, and hearings on a wide range of issues including business and commercial litigation, ADA matters, healthcare, intellectual property, employment, personal injury, and product liability. Judge Faulkner's ability to create an environment that helps parties make reasonable decisions about their cases makes him a sought after mediator.
- Commercial/Business: antitrust, breach of contract -- including a lawsuit against NASCAR, Speedway Motorsports Inc., and International Speedway Corp. where settling required nine mediation sessions in four different states; issues involved fraud, unfair competition, trade secrets, accounting disputes, and banking
- Healthcare: failure to diagnose, doctor's wrongful termination, failure to pay benefits, and failure to administer medication and/or over-medication
- Employment: gender, age, racial and religious discrimination; sexual harassment, and wrongful termination
- Intellectual property: misappropriation of trade secrets, patent infringement, breach of trademark agreement, and unfair competition
- Personal injury: wide variety of claims including product liability matters, automobile and boating accidents, and several major cases involving death of the victim(s) in a traffic accident, elevator accident, and oil derrick accident with total recoveries of over $20,000,000