Jay Folberg Esq., regarded as a pioneer in alternative dispute resolution, has resolved a wide variety of disputes, including estate, probate, and trust matters. In addition to having decades of experience as a mediator and arbitrator, he is particularly skilled at getting to the heart of multifaceted issues and effectively working through complex human factors that often create obstacles to some of the most challenging cases.
- Intergenerational family dispute between siblings and their children over use and expense allocation for multi-million dollar estate property
- Contentious dispute between several descendents over stock in closely held corporation that owned large destination resort and thousands of acres
- Inheritance matter in which previously unknown adopted child asserted claim over timber company
- Minority share holder rights dispute between former wife, siblings, and grandchildren over winery established by deceased founder
- Will contest between siblings over validity of change in decedents will that left Victorian home to only one of them, who had provided end of life care to decedent
- Dispute between parents of deceased artist and deceased’s same sex partner over valuable works of art in deceased’s home shared with partner
- Dispute for partition of commercial properties developed by two brothers in Silicon Valley. It was agreed that one brother would propose a division of the properties for the other to choose; dispute settled