Gill S. Freeman (Retired Judge 11th Judicial Circuit) has nearly 40 years of experience as a litigator, judge and neutral in commercial and construction cases. She is highly skilled in managing cases with complex factual and legal issues. She is known for her thorough preparation and commitment to the resolution of disputes.
Experience and Qualifications
Judge Freeman’s construction experience as a lawyer, judge and mediator includes disputes involving shopping centers, schools and condominium projects. Her experience includes issues relating to contract interpretation, cost overruns, subcontractor disputes and liability, mistake, design defects, construction defects and delays, changes, breach of contract, defective specifications, mechanics’ liens, surety bonds, insurance coverage issues. She presided over numerous construction matters as the first Complex Business Court Judge in Miami Dade County, Florida from 2007-2012 when the collapse of the real estate market generated significant litigation.
- Presided over hundreds of subcontractor cases involving the construction of residential condominium towers in the Miami area.
- Presided over construction defect litigation involving moisture intrusion and mold infestation of an assisted living facility.
- Presided over defective, construction of commercial buildings, and residential condominiums
- Presided over numerous claims involving sureties on payment and performance bonds
- Litigated commercial construction loan matters.
- Presided over coverage issues between and among insurance carriers
- Court appointed mediator developer and condominium association conflict litigation.