Judge Terry Friedman has experience resolving a wide variety of employment matters as a mediator, arbitrator, neutral evaluator, and judge on the Los Angeles County Superior Court bench. Since joining JAMS, Judge Friedman has mediated and/or arbitrated cases involving alleged sexual harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, breach of employment contract, failure to pay vacation benefits, wage and hour disputes, and other employment related matters.
Judge Friedman is especially skillful in bringing parties together by earning the trust and confidence of all parties to reach a settlement. He is revered for his patient and fair approach to reaching a collaborative resolution. After three decades of experience in public service as an attorney, state legislator, and trial court judge, Judge Friedman has honed his ability to help disparate groups reach mutually acceptable solutions to high-visibility and high-stakes conflicts.
- Arbitrated retaliation claim involving racial discrimination, sexual harassment and wrongful termination allegations at national bank
- Arbitration of retaliation claims related to sexual harassment allegations at dietary supplements company
- Breach of contract arbitration related to wrongful termination, invasion of privacy, and defamation claims at enterprise software developing company
- Breach of contract dispute involving employment of senior executive between home entertainment affiliate of international media company and national restaurant chain firm
- Mediation over business and employment dispute involving non-physician administrator at medical practice
- Mediation related to sexual harassment claims alleged by executive against major international automotive company
- Neutral evaluation of four related matters raising wrongful termination, breach of contract, and malicious prosecution claims
- Pre-litigation sexual harassment employment mediation involving medical practice
- Wage and hour arbitration involving allegations of unpaid minimum and overtime wages and failure to provide meal periods and rest breaks at vocational college
- Workplace sexual harassment claims mediated between employee and insurance agency