Kenneth Gack, Esq.
has arbitrated and mediated thousands of matters since joining JAMS in 1996, including over 300 arbitrations. His experience of over 28 years in civil litigation and his real world business background as the managing party for his former law firm, residential landlord, planning commissioner, and board member combine to provide a breadth of commercial experience to help resolve your business dispute.
- Mediated a FACTA (Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act) case regarding credit card expiration dates being displayed on customer receipts at a group of pizza restaurants in Sacramento Area
- A wide variety of real estate related matters, including construction defect; misrepresentation claims against sellers, agents, brokers, design professionals, mortgage brokers and banks; and all forms of claims to a non-title interest in property, including adverse possession, implied easement and agreed boundary
- Appraisal, accountancy, and attorney professional negligence claims
- Commercial disputes with the parties seeking to both forcefully assert their claims for damages, yet maintain, if possible, their business relations. These include service providers, subcontractors, design professionals, and distributors.
- Commercial property construction disputes involving breach of contract by an insolvent subcontractor, with resultant claims for delay damages by the owner. These include equipment supplier liens and demands. Ken is conversant in the area of mechanics liens preliminary notices, and litigation concerning same.
- Numerous agribusiness disputes involving property owners, growers, vineyard management, vineyard estate development (both construction and design), and wineries
- Numerous employment related disputes, including wage and hour/overtime claims, FEHA, and breach of contract
- Rights and obligation in the buyout of a founder of an accounting/bookkeeping firm, including continuity in practice value to fund the purchase