Hon. Bruce R. Geernaert (Ret.)
is an experienced mediator, referee, special master, and arbitrator. As a mediator, he has vast experience, is energetic, an effective consensus builder, and a "quick study." As a referee and special master, he has extensive experience in law and discovery, writ and receivers, and is an efficient case manager. As an arbitrator, he is a knowledgeable trial judge and case administrator.
As a private attorney, he had extensive experience in negotiating settlements under the National Labor Relations Act. This experience further honed his negotiating skills and sensitivity, which he finds useful as a mediator.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- Served as mediator, arbitrator, or settlement officer in a wide variety of cases including:
- Personal Injury
- Commercial/Business: Breach of contract/fraud, asset and stock acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, unfair competition, trade secrets, accounting disputes, banking
- Real Estate: Purchase, lease, brokerage, inverse condemnation, condemnation, land use, homeowner association
- Environmental: Superfund, toxic torts, insurance coverages
- Professional Negligence
- Insurance: Coverage, bad faith
- Accounting: GAP disputes
- Construction Defects: CMOs, insurance, indemnities
- Employment: Discrimination, wrongful termination
- Entertainment: Individual and corporate disputes
- Regulatory Law: Communication, transportation, water
- Heard over 500 civil trials and was an all purpose trial judge in complex, multi-party cases
- His 22-year distinguished judicial career on the Superior Court bench includes over five years as a full-time settlement officer with a settlement rate of 75%.