Mr. Gibbs has resolved numerous energy matters throughout his career, first as an attorney and now as an ADR specialist. Mr. Gibbs has been involved in the resolution of disputes regarding the construction and operation of nuclear, geothermal, coal, hydro and natural gas electrical generating plants and natural gas pipelines.
Mr. Gibbs is much attuned to the financial, political and other pressures facing parties in energy disputes and can quickly assess the strengths, weaknesses, and nuances of a case. He gives his undivided attention to resolving each case, a requisite to resolving particularly complex, multi-party disputes.
- Mediation and arbitration arising from construction of nuclear plants in Georgia and California
- Mediation of disputes arising from oil rig explosions
- Arbitration of issues arising from conversion of electric generating plant in Pennsylvania from coal to natural gas
- Mediation of several cases involving fires and explosions in oil refineries
- Mediation of disputes arising from construction of natural gas pipeline from Louisiana to Texas
- Mediation of disputes arising from construction of 695mw coal burning electrical generating plant in West Virginia
- Mediation of construction of hydroelectrical plant in Mexico
- Arbitration of disputes arising from 600 mw petcoke (Petroleum coke) burning electrical generating plant in Louisiana
- Dispute resolution relating to construction of major geothermal electrical generating plant in California
- Mediation of disputes arising from wind farm construction in California
- Mediation of dispute between utility and major refinery regarding fluctuations of amperage supplied by utility