During his distinguished 22 years as District Judge of the 86th Judicial District Court, Judge Ashworth has presided over hundreds of bench and jury trials. He is known for his preparation, knowledge of the law, and ability to quickly grasp key issues. Recognized for his efficient and impartial administration of even the most complex matters, he has earned a reputation for fairness and independence.
Judge Ashworth serves both as Special Trial and Discovery Master by court appointment and agreement of the parties.
As a Special Master, he has structured discovery plans, managed all levels of discovery and document production, performed in camera reviews, adjudicated dispositive motions, and presided over both non-jury and jury trials.
- Discovery Master, conducted large volume privilege review in major health supplement product liability case
- Discovery Master, managed all discovery and privilege issues in the dissolution of personal injury law firm and partnership
- Trial Master, presided over all aspects of billion dollar commercial litigation between large national bank and an international investment firm involving real estate trusts with numerous issues, including breach of contract, due diligence, breach of representations and warranties, and bad faith claims
- Trial Master, presided over discovery and trial of multi-million dollar complex commercial litigation involving Fortune 500 companies
- Trial Master, presided over lengthy jury trial involving products liability and negligence from SUV rollover, including pre- and post-trial matters