Jeffrey Grubman, Esq. is a veteran ADR professional who has served as a mediator in over 2,000 cases in 36 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico in a wide variety of complex cases, including class actions and high impact, multi-party matters. Mr. Grubman works tirelessly to settle every case he mediates, employing a variety of creative settlement techniques.
He has served as a mediator and arbitrator in a wide array of business and commercial disputes involving a broad range of subjects, sizes, and complexity, including corporate/partnership, Uniform Commercial Code, securities, banking, real estate, business torts, non-compete/non-solicitation, franchise, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud, legal professional liability, commercial aviation, replevin, mergers and acquisitions, healthcare, international, technology, and entertainment/media.
Mr. Grubman regularly lectures and publishes articles on local and national levels regarding timely ADR issues, including continuing legal education presentations to law firms. Before he became a full time neutral, Mr. Grubman was a litigator with Manatt, Phelps & Phillips and Morgan, Lewis & Bockius and subsequently became a partner in two boutique South Florida law firms where he maintained an active business and commercial litigation practice.
- Mediated settlement of nationwide class action involving claims related to allegedly improper fuel surcharges against Fortune 100 company
- Mediated $500 million plus class action against large insurance company by 70,000 policy holder class across 30 states involving alleged overcharging of cost of insurance for variable life policies
- Mediated class action against Fortune 100 company related to alleged overcharging of consumers in leases for office copiers
- Mediated action with pending motion for class certification related to the propriety of a national bank’s process for instituting force-placed property insurance
- Mediated multi-million dollar commercial foreclosure action with cross claims and counter claims against attorneys and the title insurer involved in the underlying transactions
- Mediated $10 million plus dispute regarding the corporate control of a large telecommunications company
- Mediated complex international dispute involving the sale of patents and trademarks between two large South American companies and encompassing claims of tortious interference and breach of non-compete agreement
- Mediated dispute regarding respective rights of parties to sell and distribute exercise equipment in Japan
- Mediated multi-million dollar defamation/unfair trade practices claim initiated by operator of weight loss center against competing doctor
- Mediated dispute against major airline involving alleged failure to pay commission related to sale of multiple commercial aircraft
- Action by physician against health insurance company to seek alleged underpayment for services rendered
- Mediated action between a trust and the IRS regarding the IRS’ efforts to collect on a judgment against the grantor of the trust by foreclosing on a parcel of real property owned by the trust
- Mediated dispute between 2 anesthesia groups regarding alleged tortuous interference and theft of trade secrets to obtain contract with hospital