Jeffrey Grubman, Esq. is a veteran ADR professional who has served as a mediator in approximately 2,000 cases in 31 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico in a wide variety of complex cases, including class actions, collective actions and high impact, multi-party matters.
Mr. Grubman has had the privilege of mediating many employment actions, including whistle blower, FLSA (collective wage and hour claims), ERISA disability benefits, discrimination, harassment, Sarbanes-Oxley and Dodd-Frank claims, non-compete, non-solicitation, wrongful termination, defamation, termination of pension benefits, tortious interference and other employment-related torts, trade secret claims, promissory note claims and disputes among partners in the employment context. Although Mr. Grubman's experience covers a broad range of industries, he has extensive experience involving the financial services industry.
Mr. Grubman regularly lectures and publishes articles on a local and national level regarding timely ADR issues, including continuing legal education presentations to law firms. Before he became a full time neutral, Mr. Grubman was a litigator with Manatt Phelps & Phillips and Morgan Lewis & Bockius. He subsequently became a partner in two boutique South Florida law firms.
Read counsel comments about Mr. Grubman's skills and style as a neutral.
- Successfully navigated parties through pre-suit mediation of Sarbanes-Oxley and Dodd Frank whistleblower claim by CEO of joint venture owned by two Fortune 100 companies
- Mediated gender, age and national origin discrimination claim against large financial services company
- Mediated a seven figure Florida Whistleblower claim pre-suit by former Chief Operating Officer and President of a subsidiary against multi-national company
- Mediated claim against large securities broker dealer for long term incentive plan benefits based upon whether the former employer was disabled
- Mediated ERISA claim related to denial of spousal life insurance benefits
- Mediated age and national origin discrimination, harassment, disability discrimination and retaliation claim against county, including Family and Medical Leave Act and ADA and ADEA claims
- Mediated numerous individual and collective FLSA overtime claims
- Mediated Florida Whistleblower/Sarbanes-Oxley Whistleblower and ADA/ADEA/FMLA claim initiated by former employee against Fortune 500 company
- Mediated numerous actions under ERISA to terminate disability benefits or to obtain disability benefits
- Mediated large whistleblower claim under Sarbanes-Oxley
- Mediated many employment claims involving the securities industry, including promissory note claims, defamation, wrongful termination, breach of contract claims among partners, discrimination and improper termination of pension benefits
- Mediated breach of non-compete and non-solicitation agreement between magazine and its former director of sales
- Mediated dispute between subsidiary of international financial services company and its former president who started competing business for breach of non-compete and non-solicitation agreement and counterclaims for defamation and tortious interference
- Mediated Florida whistleblower/Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower and ADA/ADEA/FMLA claim initiated by former employee against Fortune 500 company
- Mediated worker’s compensation retaliation claim