Jeffrey Grubman, Esq. is a veteran ADR professional who has served as a mediator in over 2,000 cases in 36 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico in a wide variety of complex cases, including class actions and high impact, multi-party matters. Mr. Grubman works tirelessly to settle every case he mediates, employing a variety of creative settlement techniques.
Before becoming a full time neutral, Mr. Grubman devoted a portion of his legal practice to entertainment law. He assisted parties in negotiating and drafting record deals, management agreements, publishing deals, and production deals. He also served as counsel in numerous entertainment litigation matters, including trademark and copyright infringement and a wide range of contract and tort disputes involving the entertainment industry. He represented major record companies, independent record companies, recording artists, managers, songwriters, actors and actresses. Since becoming a full time neutral, he has served as a mediator and arbitrator in numerous entertainment cases. Mr. Grubman is well regarded by many entertainment attorneys as an experienced mediator with hands-on entertainment litigation and transactional experience.
In addition to his active mediation practice, Mr. Grubman is a qualified arbitrator under Florida law and has been a certified arbitrator with the American Arbitration Association and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. He has adjudicated disputes as a single arbitrator and as a member of tripartite panels.
- Arbitrator in dispute between television production company and talent working on a reality TV show
- Mediated action initiated by independent record label against a major international record company challenging the method of calculating royalties for permanent digital downloads
- Mediated action initiated by internationally known motocross athlete against national retailer for right of publicity violation for alleged unauthorized use of his name and image
- Arbitrator in dispute between international television programmer and television station regarding interpretation of termination provision in programming agreement
- Mediated dispute between two independent record companies regarding their claim to rights concerning a superstar recording artist, which included causes of action for trademark infringement and tortious interference
- Mediated copyright infringement action initiated by a world renowned songwriter and recording artist against a nightclub for its alleged unauthorized use of one or more of the plaintiff’s musical compositions and sound recordings
- Mediated action initiated by an independent record label against a producer for breach of the parties’ contract to produce sound recordings for various recording artists signed to the record label
- Mediated copyright case involving alleged unauthorized use of an internationally known recording artist’s use of a song in a national television advertising campaign
- Served as counsel in numerous music copyright infringement actions representing major record companies, independent record companies, large and small music publishing companies, recording artists, songwriters, and producers
- Served as counsel in numerous breach of contract actions involving the music industry representing recording artists, producers, personal managers, and large and small record companies
- Served as counsel to actors and producers in litigation involving television series
- Served as counsel to internationally known recording artist in a dispute involving the cancellation of a concert in South America due to safety concerns