Jeffrey Grubman, Esq. is a veteran ADR professional who has served as a mediator in approximately 2,000 cases in 31 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico in a wide variety of complex cases, including class actions and high impact, multi-party matters.
He has mediated many insurance coverage disputes involving different industries, different types of policies, and different legal claims. He has also mediated many first party and third party insurance and bad faith claims as well as claims alleging negligence and fraud in connection with the sale of insurance policies.
Mr. Grubman regularly lectures and publishes articles on a local and national level regarding timely ADR issues, including continuing legal education presentations to law firms. Before he became a full time neutral, Mr. Grubman was a litigator with Manatt, Phelps & Phillips and Morgan, Lewis & Bockius and subsequently became a partner in two boutique South Florida law firms.
- Mediated lawsuits in several states against numerous insurance companies, an insurance brokerage and a malpractice claim against a law firm arising from a $35 million Jones Act judgment
- Mediated an insurance coverage claim relating to the applicability of a D&O policy to an administrative claim asserted against a county environmental district
- Mediated an insurance coverage claim under the EPL coverage section of a policy arising from a large settlement of an ADA lawsuit
- Mediated insurance coverage dispute brought by former CEO of large company to recover almost $2 million in attorneys’ fees and costs incurred in defending a criminal action for violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Mediated insurance coverage claim brought by the association for a multi-story apartment building sued by its general contractor in which the carrier alleged, among other things, late notice
- Mediated first party property insurance claim related to multi-million dollars in damage arising from Super Storm Sandy
- Mediated claim by owners of a business against a life insurance agent claiming that the agent failed to explain the consequences of pledging the cash surrender value of a life insurance policy as collateral for a business loan
- Mediated claim against insurance agent and insurance company for negligently failing to list the plaintiff as the owner of a large life insurance policy
- Mediated first party claim against large health insurance carrier related to denial of coverage for spinal fusion surgery based upon alleged misrepresentations by insured on insurance application