Jeffrey Grubman, Esq. is a veteran ADR professional who has served as a mediator in approximately 2,000 cases in 31 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico in a wide variety of complex cases, including class actions and high impact, multi-party matters.
Before becoming a full time neutral, Mr. Grubman served as counsel in numerous intellectual property matters, including trademark infringement, copyright infringement, and trade secret matters. Among other industries, Mr. Grubman litigated cases involving the entertainment industry. He represented major record companies, independent record companies, recording artists, managers, songwriters, actors and actresses. Since becoming a full time neutral, he has served as a mediator and arbitrator in many intellectual property and entertainment cases. Mr. Grubman is well regarded by many intellectual property attorneys as an experienced mediator with hands-on intellectual property litigation experience.
Read counsel comments about Mr. Grubman's skills and style as a neutral.
- Mediated trademark infringement claim pending before the International Trade Commission and in federal court by Fortune 500 company related to design of famous sneakers
- Mediated high profile copyright infringement claim involving television commercial aired by Fortune 100 company
- Mediated copyright infringement claim involving use of song by high profile recording artist in a national television advertising campaign
- Mediated invasion of privacy claim involving unauthorized use of image on a pornography website
- Mediated Lanham Act and unfair competition claims related to alleged theft of plaintiff’s corporate name and website
- Mediated dispute between franchisor and franchisee involving claims for breach of the franchise agreement and trademark infringement and unfair competition claims under the Lanham Act
- Mediated patent infringement and Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices claim involving alleged infringement of a teak dock product and a patent related to it
- Mediated copyright infringement and unfair and deceptive trade practices claim involving point of service software used by restaurants, hotels, and other vendors to process customer orders
- Mediated trademark infringement suit involving two similar Japanese steak houses
- Mediated trademark infringement, trade dress infringement and copyright infringement claim initiated by large manufacturer of spices and seasonings
- Mediated Anti-Cybersquatting Consumer Protection Act and Lanham Act trademark protection claim related to Defendant’s alleged registration of Plaintiff’s corporate name as an internet domain name to gain advantage in a related litigation
- Mediated trademark infringement actions pending in multiple courts with multiple parties regarding a well known watch brand
- Mediated patent, trade dress, and copyright infringement claim involving lighting fixtures
- Mediated legal malpractice claim alleging that patent claims were drafted too narrowly
- Mediated right of publicity claim relating to unauthorized use of world known athlete’s name and likeness on in-store displays in national retail chain
- Mediated a series of Lanham Act trademark infringement and unfair competition claim by national security system company against competitors
- Mediated copyright infringement claim related to use of multiple photographs on real estate broker’s websites
- Mediated contributory and vicarious copyright infringement claims by large book publishers against brokers involved in the distribution of counterfeit text books