Hon. David Warner Hagen (Ret.)
joined JAMS after a distinguished legal career, including more than a decade as a United States District Judge. While on the bench, he and his colleagues established a settlement environment by requiring court-annexed mediation for every civil case set for trial in his district.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- As a United States District Judge, he presided over hundreds of jury and bench trials in intellectual property, commercial, employment, construction, real property, and personal injury cases. Judge Hagen also engaged in court-annexed mediation in multi-party construction defect, inverse condemnation, real estate, and employment matters.
- Class Action
- Automotive, aviation, banking/finance, consumer protection, discrimination, employment, insurance, product liability/mass tort, etc.
- Personal Injury
- Intellectual Property
- Patent infringement, copyright, trademark, and trade secrets litigation
- Wrongful termination; sexual harassment; gender, age, and disability discrimination litigation, etc.
- Contract, banking, and secured transactions litigation
- Real Property
- Inverse condemnation, specific performance, and premises liability
- Construction Defect
- Contracts, E&O claims, engineering, manufacturing, public works, product claims, real estate development, etc.
- Arbitrator, ICC International Court of Arbitration (IGT v. Promotora Starwin et al.)
- Special master, Nevada class action (Verderber v. Reno Hilton)
- Special master, Nevada gold mining claims dispute (Coeur Rochester, Inc. v. Rye Patch Gold US Inc. and Rye Patch Gold Corp [Canada])
- Tripartite arbitration, Nevada commercial real property dispute (Hotels Nevada v. LA Pacific Center)
- Arbitrator, Breach of contract dispute (Ganassi Racing v. Lifelock)
- Arbitrator, Breach of contract dispute (RB Insurance Group, LLC v. Sterling Life Insurance Company)
- Arbitrator, Breach of contract dispute (Nelson Electric Company, Inc. v. Pacific-Mountain Contractors, Inc.)
- Tripartite arbitration, Breach of contract dispute (South Edge, LLC and Focus South Group, LLC v. KB Home Nevada, Inc., Coleman-Toll Limited Partnership, Pardee Homes of Nevada, Beazer Homes Holding Corp., and Meritage Homes of Nevada, Inc.)