Judge Hagen joined JAMS after a distinguished legal career, including more than 11 years as a United States District Judge. While on the bench, he and his colleagues established a settlement environment by requiring court-annexed mediation for every civil case set for trial in his district.
Judge Hagen has specific expertise in the area of intellectual property law including patent infringement, trademark, trade secrets litigation, and copyright issues. He is a judicial member of the Federal Circuit Bar Association where they focus mainly on patent laws and appeals .
- Patent Infringement
- Dispute related to Patent validity
- Dispute alleging violation of 436 Patent
- Process Patents cases involving chemical process Patents
- Patent infringement of business method
- Protecting copyrights during commercial, music and licensing issues
- Trademark disputes
- Allegations that company copied the shape of windshield wipers that were being produced by another company
- Trademark infringement dispute alleging sales of product resulting in monetary damages
- IP neutral evaluations while at JAMS involving Patents (device & method patents)