Floyd A. Hale, Esq.has arbitrated and mediated hundreds of personal injury and tort cases since joining JAMS in 2005. With 25 years of practice and 8 years serving as a special master, arbitrator and mediator, Mr. Hale possesses a deep understanding of the legal, psychological, and physical hurdles that can often prohibit personal injury and tort cases from being resolved.
Mr. Hale has handled many personal injury/tort cases encompassing a wide range of legal issues. Many have involved:
- Heard numerous disputes with issues relating to motor vehicle accidents, medical bills sustained, future medical bills, lost wages, attorney's fees, etc.
- Common Carrier Accidents
- Personal injury disputes involving motor vehicles, commercial aircraft and private aircraft, rail transport, etc.
- Construction Defect
- Consumer Fraud
- Serves on panels regarding personal injury and contracts
- Elder Abuse
- Environmental Disputes
- Excessive Force During Police Action
- Indemnity Agreements
- Insurance Coverage
- Has handled many cases involving uninsured and underinsured matters, policy deductible disputes, breach of contract, unfair practices, bad faith in settling claims, etc.
- Serves on panels regarding personal injury, contracts and insurance
- Legal Malpractice
- Lemon Law
- Malicious Prosecution
- Medical Malpractice
- Disputes involving doctors, nurses, occupational therapists, physicians, psychiatrists/psychologists, therapists, etc.
- Experienced with issues related to injuries resulting from medical care, medical bills sustained, future medical bills, lost wages, future cost of care, etc.
- Multidistrict Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Mediated numerous disputes related to personal injuries sustained on private property
- Premise Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Heard matters related to personal injuries resulting from professional negligence
- Property Damage
- Sports Accidents
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual harrassment, sexual battery, sexual assault, disputes involving minors, etc.
- Trademark Infringement
- Workplace Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Served 22 years as a Nevada Bar Examiner
- Recognized as one of the “500 Leading Judges in America,” by Lawdragon Magazine, 2006
- A/V rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Member, State Bar of Oklahoma
- Former Director of Clark County Bar Association
- Appointed as a Nevada Supreme Court Settlement Judge
- Appointed by the Nevada Supreme Court as a bar examiner for the State Bar of Nevada
- Admitted to practice: Nevada, 1975; Oklahoma, 1974; United States District Court, District of Nevada, 1975; United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1980; United States Supreme Court, 1980
- Lecturer for seminars sponsored by the Nevada Bar Association, Clark County Nevada Bar Association, and the National Business Institute, Inc.
- Author: "Implied Covenants with Common Oil Leasee," Tulsa Law Journal, Vol. 9, No. 2, 1973
- Contributing author: "Nevada Civil Practice Manual," Nevada Bar Association, 1988
- Arbitrator, Mediator, and Special Master; former partner for 30 years in litigation firm: Edwards, Hale, Sturman & Cushing (which merged with the Wilson Elser firm with offices worldwide)
- J.D., University of Tulsa, 1973
- B.A., University of Missouri, 1971
- "Floyd Hale is an excellent and patient mediator. He does a great job, and has a track record of settling difficult cases."
This page is for general information purposes. JAMS makes no representations or warranties regarding its accuracy or completeness. Interested persons should conduct their own research regarding information on this website before deciding to use JAMS, including investigation and research of JAMS neutrals. See More