Floyd A. Hale, Esq.has arbitrated and mediated hundreds of professional liability cases since joining JAMS in 2005. With 25 years of practice and 8 years serving as a special master, arbitrator and mediator, Mr. Hale possesses a deep understanding of the legal hurdles that often prohibit professional liability cases from being resolved.
Mr. Hale has handled many professional liability cases encompassing a wide range of legal issues. Many have involved:
- Accounting Malpractice
- Architecture Malpractice
- Construction Malpractice
- Heard numerous disputes involving general contractors, plumbers, etc.
- Contract Administrator and Adjustor Malpractice
- Engineering Malpractice
- Financial Services Malpractice
- Handled many cases involving accountants, commercial banks, foreign exchange, investment brokers, etc.
- Insurance Malpractice
- Heard numerous disputes involving brokers, consulting malpractice, fraud, etc.
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Heard many disputes between individuals and medical doctors related to medical malpractice
- Doctor malpractice
- Elder facility malpractice
- Heard numerous cases related to inadequate care while under medical supervision
- Handled matters related to elder abuse
- Hospital malpractice
- Medical clinic malpractice
- Nurse malpractice
- Pharmaceutical malpractice
- Rehab facility malpractice
- Served as Special Master in medical malpractice case involving several thousand patients
- Served as Special Master on disputes involving improper use of medical equipment
- Served 22 years as a Nevada Bar Examiner
- Recognized as one of the “500 Leading Judges in America,” by Lawdragon Magazine, 2006
- A/V rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Member, State Bar of Oklahoma
- Former Director of Clark County Bar Association
- Appointed as a Nevada Supreme Court Settlement Judge
- Appointed by the Nevada Supreme Court as a bar examiner for the State Bar of Nevada
- Admitted to practice: Nevada, 1975; Oklahoma, 1974; United States District Court, District of Nevada, 1975; United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1980; United States Supreme Court, 1980
- Lecturer for seminars sponsored by the Nevada Bar Association, Clark County Nevada Bar Association, and the National Business Institute, Inc.
- Author: "Implied Covenants with Common Oil Leasee," Tulsa Law Journal, Vol. 9, No. 2, 1973
- Contributing author: "Nevada Civil Practice Manual," Nevada Bar Association, 1988
- Arbitrator, Mediator, and Special Master; former partner for 30 years in litigation firm: Edwards, Hale, Sturman & Cushing (which merged with the Wilson Elser firm with offices worldwide)
- J.D., University of Tulsa, 1973
- B.A., University of Missouri, 1971
- "Floyd Hale is an excellent and patient mediator. He does a great job, and has a track record of settling difficult cases."
This page is for general information purposes. JAMS makes no representations or warranties regarding its accuracy or completeness. Interested persons should conduct their own research regarding information on this website before deciding to use JAMS, including investigation and research of JAMS neutrals. See More