Judge Martin has successfully resolved several environmental related disputes including chemical exposure, petroleum spills, and asbestos claims which involved local, national, and multi-national companies.
In addition to Judge Martin’s experience in environmental disputes, he has handled more than 3,000 cases involving commercial disputes, shareholder suits, construction defects, environmental liability, intellectual property, insurance coverage, oil and gas, anti-trust, securities fraud, legal and accounting professional liability, injury cases involving medical provider, products liability, air crash, vehicular collision, premises liability, real property and eminent domain, and employer non-subscriber.
- Mediated coverage and allocation issues among insurance carriers defending environmental claims
- Mediated mass tort chemical exposure suit involving more than 380 plaintiffs and 20 defendants
- Mediated several asbestos, silica, and heavy metal claims including hundreds of plaintiffs and dozens of defendants
- Mediated several distressed site suits between buyers of previous retail gasoline stations or storage facilities
- Mediated several petroleum spill disputes including claims of injury to land owners and a major aquifer
- Presided over several mock trials in an effort to evaluate claims against PRPs for the plaintiffs or defendants and their insurance carriers