Judge Martin has mediated, arbitrated and presided over several health care and medical provider claims including those involving physicians, nurses, hospitals, HMOs, medical groups, and insurance carriers. His experience in ADR combined with his personable approach enable him to bring parties together even under the most difficult circumstances.
In addition to Judge Martin’s experience in health care disputes, he has handled more than 3,000 cases involving commercial disputes, shareholder suits, construction defects, environmental liability, insurance coverage, intellectual property, real property and eminent domain, oil and gas, anti-trust, securities fraud, legal and accounting professional liability ,products liability, air crash, vehicular collision, premises liability, and employer non-subscriber.
- Arbitrated health care provider contracts between large medical groups, insurance carriers, and third-party administrators
- Mediated hundreds of medical malpractice claims against physicians, nurses, and hospitals
- Mediated several managed care disputes including physicians, hospitals, and HMOs
- Presided as Judge in several physician malpractice jury trials
- Presided over several “Fairness Hearings” related to physician credentialing