Judge Martin has successfully mediated and arbitrated numerous patent infringement, trademark, trade secret, and copyright disputes involving software developers, manufacturers, banks, service providers, publishers, and other businesses. As an ADR veteran, his intelligence and personable approach enable him to bring parties together to reach consensus even under the most difficult circumstances.
In addition to Judge Martin’s experience in intellectual property disputes, he has handled more than 3,000 cases involving commercial disputes, shareholder suits, construction defects, environmental liability, insurance coverage, real property and eminent domain, oil and gas, anti-trust, securities fraud, legal and accounting professional liability, injury cases involving medical provider, products liability, air crash, vehicular collision, premises liability, and employer non-subscriber.
- Mediated and arbitrated several software disputes involving delivery, performance, license, and misappropriation
- Mediated a series of method patents involving management and distribution of data via internet
- Mediated copyright infringement against song writers and publishers
- Mediated numerous misappropriation of trade secrets disputes arising from employment or officer and director relationships
- Mediated numerous patent infringement/patent validity disputes including infringement suits against chip producers, infringement of process patent related to chip coatings, infringement of pooled patents against foreign manufacturers of compact discs
- Mediated numerous trademark and trade dress infringement/misappropriation disputes
- Mediated series of patent infringement suits involving large banks and bank service providers regarding imaging and storage of data and related infringement suits against manufacturers of devices to read and store similar data
- Mediated several pharmacology and medical device disputes
- Mediated several telecommunication disputes including device manufacturers and service providers
- Participated in several mock trial panels to evaluate patent claims and defenses and offer critique of the parties' trial potential