As an ADR veteran with more than 20 years of experience mediating and arbitrating cases, Judge Martin has successfully resolved an extensive number of securities/shareholder disputes. Many of the matters he has handled involved corporate dissolutions and reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, securities fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and insurance-related issues. Judge Martin combines his keen intellect with his personable approach to effectively manage and settle highly complex and contentious cases.
In addition to Judge Martin’s experience in security disputes, he has handled more than 3,000 cases involving commercial disputes, shareholder suits, construction defects, environmental liability, intellectual property, insurance coverage, oil and gas, anti-trust, legal and accounting professional liability, injury cases involving medical provider, products liability, air crash, vehicular collision, premises liability, and employer non-subscriber.
- Arbitrated allocation and reasonableness claims against insurance carriers following securities and tort suit against company and its officers and directors
- Arbitrated investor broker dealer disputes involving margin account losses – NSDA procedures
- Arbitrated oppressed shareholder claims including determination of share value
- Arbitrated securities fraud, breach of fiduciary duty claims involving real estate investment partners in more than 1,000 commercial properties
- Mediated and arbitrated several disputes regarding the dissolution or reorganization of closely held corporations
- Mediated and tried “strike” suits involving the merger of an international mining corporation; national retail chain; and subsidiary of international electronics manufacturer
- Mediated and tried disputes regarding fees associated with the merger or acquisition of both private and public corporations
- Mediated disputes involving securities fraud in corporate acquisition of radio and television stations
- Mediated several disputes regarding the dissolution or reorganization of closely held corporations, including claims of minority shareholder oppression
- Mediated several shareholder derivative suits involving allegations of fraud and breach of duty by directors and professional service providers
- Mediated several shareholder/director disputes associated with the failure of banks or savings and loans
- Mediated shareholder/option holder dispute arising out of merger of internet providers
- Mediated series of claims brought by liquidating trustee and putative class members against dozens of broker/dealers and their parent companies