Ms. Hasse is recognized by clients for her solid preparation and astute ability to make parties feel fully heard while moving forward efficiently towards a resolution. She’s a problem solver who thinks “outside the box,” and is best known for her commitment to the process and its participants.
- Antitrust, trade secret, contract and competition claims relating to acquisition of medical department and merger of hospitals in a geographic area.
- Mediation and settlement of various claims relating to resolution of contractual and other claims between distinguished academic medical institutions relating to facilities use.
- Resolution involving valuation of healthcare facilities between developer and manager of premium healthcare facilities and real estate investment trust (REIT) regarding options and transfers of interest in various managed healthcare facilities
- Resolution involving valuation of necessary medical services, future medical services and supplies expenses.
- Resolved breach of contract and development agreement with alleged whistle blower activities by former executive employee.
- Resolved dispute relating to network regulations and restrictions; participating physician contract terms.
- Resolved claims through mediation relating to alleged participation by major hospital investor in conspiracy and other conduct involving medical referral and insurance billing practices.
- Resolved securities class action and derivative cases relating to purchases of securities in large disease management and wellness program provider.
- Resolved “Big Pharma” securities fraud class actions relating to prediction of drug approval and non-disclosure of preliminary testing results.
- Part of team mediating to settlement Nurses Wage antitrust claims that certain hospitals conspired to keep down RN compensation and to exchange information about RN compensation in violation of antitrust laws.
- Securities class action relating to large health and wellness provider’s statement to the market concerning loss.
- Renegotiations of customer’s contracts relating to participation in a program launched by Centers for Medical and Medicaid Services to a fund to preserve Medicare program benefits through private management.
- Resolved class action litigation relating to stock drop due to alleged misrepresentation of studies regarding potential approval of antidepressants and potential Alzheimer’s treatment drugs including allegations of defective controls on pharmaceutical testing protocols.
- Resolved multiple suits brought by quasi –governmental insurer against physicians for allegations of RICO violations, conspiracy to defraud, Stark Act type claims and related violations.
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London
- Fulbright Fellow, Paris, France; Legal Scholar in comparative law
- Selected Member, The Masters Forum of the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University
- Certified by United Nations in Civilian Personnel of Peace-Keeping, Mediators and Election Monitoring at International Faculty of Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, (Advanced Studies in Human Rights and Conflict Management), Pisa, Italy
- Panelist, AIPLA (American Intellectual Property Law Association) ADR Neutral Registry
- Panelist, Arts Arbitration and Mediation Services, San Francisco
- Panelist, Bar Association of San Francisco, Qualified Mediator Panel and Trainer of Mediators
- Member, American Bar Association – Intellectual Property and Dispute Resolution Sections
- Member, California Bar Association – Intellectual Property, Litigation, Dispute Resolution, and International Law sections
- Member, San Francisco Intellectual Property Association; Women’s Intellectual Property Law Association
- Visiting Professor, University of California Berkeley, American University School of Law, Yerevan, Armenia; University of Paris V Faculty of Law, France; Indonesian State University at Denpasar Law Facility, Intellectual Property, Civil Law, Comparative Law, Dispute Resolution, Media Law and Legal Theory
- Member, Boards of Directors: Heart-to-Heart International Children’s Medical Alliance; Track Two Center for Diplomacy; the Russian-American Center; Founding Board of the Edible Schoolyard, Berkeley, CA; Trustee: Presidio Graduate School, San Francisco, CA
- Founding Partner, Creative Industry Law, San Francisco
- Coudert Brothers LLP, 2002-2004
- Hasse Molesky LLP 1987-2002
- Steinhart & Falconer LLP, 1984-1986
- Heller Ehrman, White & McAuliffe LLP, 1982-1984
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley School of Law (formerly Boalt Hall School of Law), 1982
- M.A., Jurisprudence and Social Policy, University of California, Berkeley, 1982
- B.A., magna cum laude, Wesleyan University, Highest Honors in Linguistics, 1977
- On parle francais
“Thank you Liz. As I mentioned, your preparation and your personal persistence and patience in assisting us get to a resolution…was much appreciated. Thank you again for your efforts.”
–Partner, International Law Firm
“I think all the credit goes to Liz on this one. Without her amazing efforts this would not have happened.”
–International Human Rights Attorney
“Thank you for your work on this case and for your thoughtful handling of my client. I hope to work with you again in the future.”
–Bay Area Attorney
“[Ms. Hasse’s] guidance during the mediation was extremely helpful… look forward to working with [her] again.”
- Partner, International Law Firm
“Signed, sealed, and delivered. You're my hero, Liz. Can't thank you enough for your hard work on this.”
– Partner, Bi-coastal Litigation Firm
“I wanted to let you know that, with your assistance, we reached an agreement in principle to settle… Your help was invaluable. Thank you very much.”
–New York City Attorney
This page is for general information purposes. JAMS makes no representations or warranties regarding its accuracy or completeness. Interested persons should conduct their own research regarding information on this website before deciding to use JAMS, including investigation and research of JAMS neutrals. See More