has extensive experience in the area of health care law, both as a neutral, an advocate and an advisor to health care institutions and professionals. Over her two plus decade career as a mediator, arbitrator, neutral evaluator and special master, Ms. Hasse has heard cases involving health care facilities, the valuation of medical services and supplies, trade secrets and competitive issues, securities, fraud, medical device, and pharmaceutical industries, medical malpractice, professional employment, class actions and also disputes between non-profit health care organizations.
Ms. Hasse is recognized by clients for her solid preparation and astute ability to make parties feel fully heard while moving forward efficiently towards a resolution. She’s a problem solver who thinks “outside the box,” and is best known for her commitment to the process and its participants.
- Antitrust, trade secret, contract and competition claims relating to acquisition of medical department and merger of hospitals in a geographic area.
- Mediation and settlement of various claims relating to resolution of contractual and other claims between distinguished academic medical institutions relating to facilities use.
- Resolution involving valuation of healthcare facilities between developer and manager of premium healthcare facilities and real estate investment trust (REIT) regarding options and transfers of interest in various managed healthcare facilities
- Resolution involving valuation of necessary medical services, future medical services and supplies expenses.
- Resolved breach of contract and development agreement with alleged whistle blower activities by former executive employee.
- Resolved dispute relating to network regulations and restrictions; participating physician contract terms.
- Resolved claims through mediation relating to alleged participation by major hospital investor in conspiracy and other conduct involving medical referral and insurance billing practices.
- Resolved securities class action and derivative cases relating to purchases of securities in large disease management and wellness program provider.
- Resolved “Big Pharma” securities fraud class actions relating to prediction of drug approval and non-disclosure of preliminary testing results.
- Part of team mediating to settlement Nurses Wage antitrust claims that certain hospitals conspired to keep down RN compensation and to exchange information about RN compensation in violation of antitrust laws.
- Securities class action relating to large health and wellness provider’s statement to the market concerning loss.
- Renegotiations of customer’s contracts relating to participation in a program launched by Centers for Medical and Medicaid Services to a fund to preserve Medicare program benefits through private management.
- Resolved class action litigation relating to stock drop due to alleged misrepresentation of studies regarding potential approval of antidepressants and potential Alzheimer’s treatment drugs including allegations of defective controls on pharmaceutical testing protocols.
- Resolved multiple suits brought by quasi –governmental insurer against physicians for allegations of RICO violations, conspiracy to defraud, Stark Act type claims and related violations.