Hon. Edward A. Infante (Ret.) has more than 30 years of international dispute resolution experience. He has particular expertise in complex business litigation, securities class actions, securities, employment, intellectual property, and antitrust cases and he has successfully mediated complex litigation involving parties from around Europe, Asia, Middle East, and Mexico.
With regards to intellectual property, Judge Infante has mediated numerous patent infringement claims involving various technology areas ranging from consumer electronics including smartphone technology, biotechnology, computer hardware and software, and semiconductor involving companies in North America, Europe, Australia, Asia, and Middle East.
A former Chief Magistrate Judge of the U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, Judge Infante is known for his ability to mediate complex cases involving a wide range of issues.
- Mediated international patent dispute involving Japanese, Dutch, and German companies over multiple patents that resulted in complex cross-licensing agreements
- Mediated data processing patent infringement lawsuit between Australian entity and Fortune 500 company
- Mediated solar panel technology patent dispute between Chinese and U.S. companies
- Mediated product liability class action against international manufacturer
- Mediated consumer class action alleging false advertising claim against international food company
- Mediated wage and hour class action against international airlines
- Mediated False Claims Act case brought against American, European, and Asian companies
- Mediated a trademark case involving international luxury brand distilled beverage
- Mediated copyright infringement disputes involving internet content between U.S. entities and foreign companies
- Mediated contract dispute between U.S. movie producers and foreign media company
- Mediated a dispute arising out of the Carriage of Goods by Sea Act of 1992 between a U.S. grower and an Asian shipping company
- Served as an arbitrator on a tri-partite panel to decide a patent and licensing dispute between an Australian and U.S. company
- In re Methionine Antitrust Litigation, multi-district litigation alleging international price fixing conspiracy brought by livestock producers and feed companies, settled for $107 million