Judge Smith is a skilled and respected arbitrator, drawing upon his more than two decades of experience as a judge overseeing hundreds of trials. Highly regarded among counsel for his intellect and fairness, he is known for preparing thoroughly for arbitrations so that hearings run efficiently and effectively.
Since his retirement from the bench, he has arbitrated numerous complex litigation matters in a wide spectrum of practice areas and industries. These include disputes involving business/commercial, public entity, estate and trust, and personal injury issues.
- Disputes related to money or interest owed under loan agreements
- Numerous panel arbitrations regarding failure to perform and breach of contract
- Disputes regarding collecting large amounts in attorney fees
- Issues regarding non-compete claims related to sale of company
- Matters regarding breach of contract, quantum merit, and monetary damages
- Claims related to non-disclosure of pertinent information regarding purchase and sale of real property
- Arbitrated several disputes between Homeowners Associations and service companies regarding failure to perform