Judge James has served as an arbitrator and mediator throughout the United States in many multi-party, complex commercial disputes including several high profile class actions. She is known for her effective communication skills and efficient case management of complex business matters. She has settled thousands of cases throughout the United States.
Judge James’ extensive business/commercial expertise is sought out nationwide and covers a wide variety of areas including partnerships, joint venture agreements, franchise agreements, purchase and sale agreements, corporations, banking, trade secret agreements, and securities. Additionally, Judge James’ experience with business/commercial issues encompasses contractual disputes, dissolution of business/partnerships, lending disputes, breach of fiduciary duty, business defamation, attorney fee disputes, and unfair competition.
- Mediated and resolved a class action involving lending fees
- Mediated and resolved embezzlement matters
- Mediated and settled a claim involving improper payment of wages and conditions of habitability in a structure in which employees were living
- Successfully mediated a large credit card fraud class action
- Successfully mediated several disputes between lawyers and law firms over earnings unpaid and percentages of case fees deserved at the time of departure
- Successfully settled a large insurance class action
- Mediated class action involving global e-commerce business related to the administration and handling of disputed transactions on member accounts including alleged violations under Electronic Fund Transfer Act