Judge James has a wealth of experience in real property matters ranging from landlord/tenant disputes to complex, multi-party construction defect disputes. She has settled thousands of cases nationwide at JAMS since 1997. She communicates effectively with all parties and counsel to bring successful closure to the issues presented.
Judge James’ expertise in real property covers a wide variety of issues including development agreements, boundary disputes, construction defect issues, failure to disclose known defects, breach of lease, real estate tort, environmental issues, and nuisance issues. She has extensive experience with buyer seller disputes, contract interpretation issues such as lease and/or sales contracts, property appraisal, earnest money agreements, failure of escrow, title insurance, and judicial and non-judicial foreclosure.
- Mediated a suit involving sound and noise issues – failure to disclose level of railroad noise due to proximity of tracks to luxury home development
- Mediated and resolved matters concerning public transportation entities’ easement issues such as rights of way
- Mediated and settled a large class action related to title insurance issues
- Mediated and settled an issue between a former tenant and landlord wherein the landlord sued for damages committed on the property
- Mediated and settled numerous ownership disputes arising from dissolution of marriages and business partnerships
- Successfully mediated a multi-party landlord/tenant claims alleging substandard living conditions
- Successfully mediated disputes involving contamination issues including toxic material and mold
- Successfully resolved numerous CC&R disputes between homeowners, developers, and associations