Stacy L. La Scala, Esq. is a full-time mediator and arbitrator with JAMS who has resolved a wide array of construction defect disputes. Mr. La Scala began his neutral career in 2011 following 21 years as an attorney handling litigation involving complex, multi-party construction defect and insurance issues.
Mr. La Scala commenced his legal career with the representation of developers, architects, engineers, and subcontractors in complex multi-party construction defect proceedings. He later served as a national litigation director for a large property casualty carrier, handling numerous defect matters throughout the country.
- Breach of contract, fraud, and misrepresentation claim related to cost-plus construction agreement on multi-million-dollar renovation project
- Commercial business interruption claim stemming from multi-building hotel construction deficiency claim, loss of use, and impact on goodwill of business
- Condominium projects involving homeowners associations, builders, subcontractors, and carriers
- Five-story hotel construction deficiency claim, including significant structural and loss-of-use claims
- Master homeowner’s association action against contractor, subcontractors, and suppliers for alleged deficiencies in the construction of the community’s private streets
- Mid-rise apartment buildings with alleged defective cast-iron plumbing manufactured in China, as well as defective curtain wall and balcony systems
- Numerous single-family home disputes involving 1 to 300 homes, general contractors, developers, subcontractors, and suppliers