Eleissa C. Lavelle, Esq. litigated and prepared estate plans, was involved in probate and trust administration, and negotiated and drafted purchase and sale agreements for small and large business for the past 20 years in private practice, . She has assisted parties in planning and drafting estate plans for small and multimillion dollar estates for individuals and families. Additionally, Ms. Lavelle has counseled and assisted parties in the operation, management, ownership structures and succession planning of family-owned businesses.
Ms. Lavelle has litigated, resolved and mediated contested probate and trust administration cases, as well as guardianship disputes involving elderly parents and young children. She has also served as a trustee in contentious administration of trusts. Her creativity, persistent follow-up, and calm, common-sense approach is imperative to guiding parties to a satisfactory resolution.
- Mediated multimillion-dollar dispute between trustee, former wife and child involving on-going business
- Settled dispute involving surviving owner of construction company and family of deceased owner
- Mediated dispute concerning guardianship and visitation involving grandparent, disabled parent and young children
- Mediated dispute involving end of life planning between parent, adult children, and second spouse
- Resolved proposed conservatorship dispute between children and adult parent involved in relationship with much younger person
- Resolved trust administration and valuation dispute between adult children involving ongoing business and real estate interests of parents killed in common accident
- Resolved multiple cases involving business valuations, accounting issues and sale and management of commercial real estate
- Settled cases involving buy-sell agreements between co-owners of plumbing, construction and manufacturing businesses
- Negotiated and resolved disputes between family members operating family-owned businesses