Lester J. Levy, Esq.
is a founding member of the JAMS bankruptcy practice. He has mediated hundreds of bankruptcy matters and is Chair of the ADR Committee for the American Bankruptcy Institute. The Chief Bankruptcy Judge of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware appointed Mr. Levy to its panel of mediators and arbitrators. Mr. Levy has settled, adjudicated, and managed thousands of complex cases in a broad array of subject matter areas. He travels nationwide and internationally to assist parties with their most difficult cases.
- Beloit Liquidating Trust - Mediated several hundred claims and preferences in a $6 billion bankruptcy. The mediations were conducted in various locations pursuant to a comprehensive ADR order of the Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Fuller Austin - Mediation between insurance carriers for bankrupt asbestos installer and tens of thousands of current and future asbestos-injury claimants. The cases were venued in the Bankruptcy Court in Denver and the Los Angeles Superior Court. The settlements combined exceeded $200,000,000.
- In re Fountain View, Inc. - Supervised systematic mediation of multiple elder abuse cases against bankrupt nursing home. Pursuant to an order of Bankruptcy Court in the Central District of Los Angeles, the cases were mediated prior to any consideration of lifting the automatic stay.
- In re Northwestern Steel and Wire - Mediated multiple matters involving a bankrupt steel manufacturer. The mediations were conducted pursuant to an order of the Bankruptcy Court in the Northern District of Illinois, Rockford Division.
- Stefanyshyn v. Consolidated Industries Corp. - National Class Action alleging defective products liability claims against Trustee in Bankruptcy.
- Systems Software Associates, Inc. - Mediated several cases arising out of the bankruptcy of a high technology company. The mediations were conducted pursuant to the Bankruptcy Court for the District of Illinois.